Beams in Structural Elevation View Styles - Intergraph Smart 3D - Reference Data

Intergraph Smart 3D Drawings and Reports Reference Data

PPMProduct
Intergraph Smart 3D
PPMCategory_custom
Reference Data
Version_S3D
12.1(2019)

Graphic Rule

Columns are resymbolized as single lines with widgets. The widget rule draws a portion of the graphic column to show the shape, direction, and thickness. 30 percent of the column's length is drawn, while 100 percent of the column's height is drawn. The remaining 70 percent of the column's length is displayed as a single line.

The graphic portion of the column is drawn according to the cardinal point and in relation to the single line representation of the column. The solid line is always centered, and the graphic portion aligns accordingly. Also, the graphic representation begins at the origin of the column, not the center of the column. For example, if a column was modeled from the ground up, the graphic representation in the model would begin at the bottom of the single line representation.

Hidden lines are drawn with the Dashed style in order to display the orientation of the column.

For an example of the graphic rule, see the example below.

Detailed view of the graphic representation of the column. In this example, the column web is perpendicular to the looking direction, while the column flanges are parallel. The lines are drawn to denote the thickness, shape, and orientation of the column.

The graphic is cropped and does not represent the entire solid line style represented in the original drawing.

Detail view of hidden line style. In the following example, the column web is parallel to the looking direction and is hidden by the column flanges. The column web is drawn with a dashed line style to indicate that it is hidden behind the column flange.

The graphic is cropped and does not represent the entire solid line style represented in the original drawing.

Label Rule

Each column is labeled with the section size value from the model. The label is placed in the center of the column offset from the line.

Dimension Rule

Horizontal columns are dimensioned individually and as a group. Each column is dimensioned to the column next to it, and the chain of dimensions is dimensioned. For an example of column dimensions, see the example below.

The graphic is cropped and does not represent the entire solid line style represented in the original drawing.