Opens the Properties dialog box for the selected geometric construction. This option is only available after selecting an existing geometric construction.
Displays the current geometric construction interface. You can also select a different, recently-used interface.
Opens the Select Geometric Construction dialog box. For a new geometric construction, all interfaces delivered with the software are available. For an existing geometric construction, only similar interface types are available. For more information, see [Product Folder]\Programming\Help\GeometricConstructions.chm, available when Programming Resources is installed.
Specifies the coordinate system.
Specifies a reference point from which X, Y, and Z distances are measured. If no reference point is selected, the X, Y, and Z distances are measured from the origin of the coordinate system. This value is optional.
For a new geometric construction, you can identify the status of input items by the background color of the step:
- No background when no input is selected.
- Yellow background when an input is selected.
- Blue background when an input was selected from the previous geometric construction and can be used for the current geometric construction.
Selected inputs appear highlighted in pink in the Workspace Explorer and as pink dotted lines in the graphic view:
When modifying an existing geometric construction to a different definition, the colors are used differently:
and - No background when the value of the original geometric construction is retained.
and - Yellow background when you change a value.
and - Blue background when the software changes a value to a new suggested value.
When modifying multiple existing geometric constructions and an input or parameter is available for all selections:
- Blue background when the input is the same for all selected geometric constructions.
- No background with pink underline when the input is different for all selected geometric constructions.
- Blue background with pink underline when the input is different for some selected geometric constructions.
- Yellow background with pink underline when all inputs that were originally the same have been changed. Remaining values have not been changed.
- No background and no text displayed when the value of the parameter is different for the selected geometric constructions. Each value, along with the applicable geometric constructions, are available as selections in the box, as shown in the following example.
Clears the current selections.
Accepts the current selections, and displays a preview.
Completes geometric construction definition. The ribbon is still displayed, and parameters for additional geometry can be defined.
Specifies the name of the geometric construction.
Specifies a parent for the geometric construction. Select one of the following:
The current model. This is the default value.
More - Select a system in the model.
The New GC Set option is not used for topological points.
Specifies the distance along the X-axis from the origin or reference point.
Specifies the distance along the Y-axis from the origin or reference point.
Specifies the distance along the Z-axis from the origin or reference point.